- Like a lump, cloddish, dull, slow-witted.
- Like lumps, composed of unshaped or mismatched pieces.
- Shaped like a lump, ill
defined in shape.
- "Continental soldiers looked lumpish beside our lean-bred
fellows: but against my supple Nejdis the British in their turn
looked lumpish." T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Chapter
- "Thus, also, you pass from the lumpish grub in the earth to the airy and fluttering butterfly." Henry David Thoreau Walden (section 17) Spring
- "Continental soldiers looked lumpish beside our lean-bred fellows: but against my supple Nejdis the British in their turn looked lumpish." T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Chapter XCIX.
Boeotian, all thumbs, apathetic, asinine, awkward, beef-brained, beef-witted, benumbed, blase, blockish, blunderheaded, blundering, boorish, bored, bovine, bulky, bumbling, bungling, burdensome, butterfingered, caked, cakey, careless, carlish, chumpish, churlish, clabbered, cloddish, clodhopping, clotted, clownish, clumsy, clumsy-fisted, coagulated, congealed, countrified, country-born, country-bred, cowish, crass, cumbersome, cumbrous, curded, curdled, dead, debilitated, dense, doltish, dopey, dormant, droopy, drugged, dull, dullard, dumb, duncical, duncish, elephantine, enervated, exanimate, farmerish, fat, fingers all thumbs, from the sticks, fumbling, gauche, gawkish, gawky, gelatinized, graceless, gross, grumous, ham-fisted, ham-handed, hayseed, heavy, heavy-handed, hebetudinous, hick, hicky, hobnailed, hooliganish, hulking, hulky, inanimate, incrassate, incumbent, ineducable, inelegant, inert, inspissate, inspissated, inurbane, jaded, jelled, jellied, klutzy, lackadaisical, languid, languorous, leaden, left-hand, left-handed, lethargic, lifeless, listless, loobyish, loutish, lowbred, lubberly, lumbering, lumpen, lumpy, maladroit, massive, massy, moribund, numb, oafish, onerous, opaque, oppressive, phlegmatic, ponderous, pooped, raffish, roughneck, rowdy, rowdyish, rube, ruffianly, sated, sleepy, sloppy, slow, sluggish, somnolent, sottish, splay, stagnant, stagnating, stiff, stultified, stupid, superincumbent, supine, thick, thickened, torpid, uncouth, uncultivated, uncultured, ungainly, ungraceful, unhandy, unpolished, unrefined, unteachable, unwieldy, up-country, vegetable, vegetative, wan, weary, world-weary, wrongheaded, yokel, yokelish